Tuesday, October 31, 2006

How wrong are your wrongs?

Evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins: "When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong." More explanations and examples of how something can be so incorrect, it a disservice to just call it wrong:
Scientific American: Wronger Than Wrong

I found that article on a link from John Hawks, which was linked from John Wilkins, which was linked from PZ Myers.

1 Comments:

At Thu Nov 02, 10:05:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say, I found that article pretty difficult to read. I thought it was interesting, but I'm used to reading at a level found more often in Entertainment Weekly. In that case, Paris Hilton is definitely wronger than wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home